In 1997, some of the leaders of what was then the Turnaround Management Association – Southern Ohio Chapter, decided to leave this international organization and to found a regional organization for corporate renewal professionals. TACR was formed in 1998.
These leaders included:
- Leonard Eppel of Financial Resource Associates
- Mark Greenberger, Esq. formerly of Katz, Greenberger & Norton
- Michelle Oltman, now retired from KeyBank
- Robert “Bob” Chaiken, CPA (1934-2009), then of Aronowitz, Chaiken & Hardesty
- Frederick “Fritz” Reed, Esq. (1948-2007), then of Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease and later Developmental Specialists Inc.
- Paul Predergast, CTP, then of American Operations Management
- Pat O’Brien, CAE-CCE now retired from National Association of Credit Managers (NACM)
TACR started with 35 members, including accountants, attorneys and bankers and now boasts a membership approaching 125 professionals.
Currently, TACR offers numerous educational programs and luncheons, social events, and an annual golf outing – for its members and associate guests.